Author Topic: Name of this binding cow hitch  (Read 1035 times)


  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Name of this binding cow hitch
« on: September 08, 2021, 01:57:00 PM »
I saw this knot here:
Is there a proper name for this knot?
Its basically a cow hitch with tag ends passed through the loops in opposite directions. Seems to work quite well.


  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4178
Re: Name of this binding cow hitch
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 11:48:34 PM »
This noose hitch is a variation of Dahm's Floating Binders,
the first of which is the Gleipnir,
and this is another take on that in hopes of getting
better/surer (quicker) binding --as force doesn't
have to transfer alllll the way around the object
to tighten its nipping parts.

You will get better nipping by using a mere round turn
vice the larkshead.