Author Topic: Post your work  (Read 221984 times)

JD~TIAT

• Exp. Member
  • JD of Tying It All Together
    • Tying It All Together - Knot Videos
Re: Post your work
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »
A fusion tie I created on the train I take to work...
__________________________________________________________________________________

"Heart Sprouting Flowers"

__________________________________________________________________________________

JD ~ TIAT
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:21:36 PM by JD~TIAT »
Explore, Discover, Innovate!

Rrok007

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2011, 02:34:35 AM »
Okay, now that's just way too cool.

Knot Head

• Knot Head
  • Exp. Member
  • A knot is not just a knot...
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »
Edge Braiding, or(Lacing). Single strand of Kangaroo lace at 1.3mm wide with a 45 degree bevel. The Fob itself is all Kangaroo.

B...
Regards,
Brian Kidd

Rrok007

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
Posted once before, but I'll post again with some new ones...

Here's a second one I did. Construction of the handle was completely different, and was kind of interesting. I need to try making it again in a different kind of rope.

Here's the current one. Pretty much the same as the first, but made from sisal instead of nylon. It's effectively finished once I decide what to do with the tails. They got kind of goofed when I tried a technique for softening the material. I'm also thinking of adding "thumper" knots into it, and then trimming the tails to length. somewhere between 18-22 inches.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:14:12 PM by Rrok007 »

skyout

• Fancy Knots by skyout
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »
Really nice work all.

This is a water bottle lanyard used to carry H2O while keeping your hands free. Here in FL it's nice to have water due to the heat. I first saw this concept at a corvette show in Lakeland, FL. A bank was giving them away for advertising, but instead of a rope lanyard, it was sewn cloth ribbon that had their name in it.

My splice didn't come out as planned, so I tied a Spanish Ring knot at the spliced area first and then covered that with a Pineapple Knot. Line is from Wally World, 5/32" in gator colors; 24' for the 4 strand braid and close to 40' total including the fancy knots. The loop is 3' long and there is a 2" braid below the PK. With this lanyard length, you can reach right down and get a drink w/o removing the lanyard from your shoulder. At the bottom of the braid, I looped 2 lines around the split key ring and re-braided them back to the splice, using the other two lines at the bottom as a mule. A small clip holds the # 18 O-Ring (1 3/16" O.D. x 15/16" I.D. x 1/8" ). The O-Ring stretches/slips right over the neck of the water bottle but holds really well. I believe you could skip the split key ring with clip and just loop the two lines around the O-Ring.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:40:45 AM by skyout »

SS369

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2011, 01:52:36 AM »
Great job Rick !!
A bit too Practical for the Fancy and Decorative section.  LOL
Nah.
O-ring is smart thinking.
Thanks for sharing!

SS

skyout

• Fancy Knots by skyout
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2011, 02:14:59 AM »
Thanks Scott. This is something I've wanted to tie for "myself" for a long time. Just about everything I tie is for others it seems. It will be great whenever we're out antiquing or w/the grandkids at the zoo, etc.

Frayed Knot Arts

• Knot too smart at times....
    • Frayed Knot Arts
Just to keep people going:
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2011, 03:37:44 AM »
The new owner was like a kid with a bicycle and all the roads were downhills....

skyout

• Fancy Knots by skyout
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2011, 03:56:24 AM »
Beautiful job Vince!!!

JD

• Solent Branch of the International Guild of Knot Tyers
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
frayedknotarts - superb work!!!

#15B line - is this a US type of measurement for cord, what does that translate to in everyday terms?

JD~TIAT

• Exp. Member
  • JD of Tying It All Together
    • Tying It All Together - Knot Videos
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2011, 06:54:41 PM »
"Flourished" Solomon Bar

DNA Sinnet

JD ~ TIAT
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:55:17 PM by JD~TIAT »
Explore, Discover, Innovate!

skyout

• Fancy Knots by skyout
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2011, 05:51:39 AM »
Really cool JD, you never cease to amaze me!

I just finished another 16p x 16b, 2 pass, Type 1 PK key fob in Univ. of FL Gators colors. I used Cross Lace cord throughout. I started with the 4 strand round braid that is joined together at the base with a constrictor knot. Then I passed the ends through a 5/16" drilled hole in a 20 mm round wooden bead and tied an 8 strand Mathew Walker knot. The ends of the cords have a sort of half round ball on their ends from burning with a lighter.

This PK is dressed extremely hard and tight. It feels like a rock and almost everyone that holds it comments on how hard it is; one co-worker even asked how rope can be so hard. lol

Hope you guys don't mind the notebook style explanation but I will be copying it into my Fancy Knots notebook and am hoping it helps someone along their journey.

I made a tutorial for this PK and Brian was kind enough to post it over at KHWW:
http://khww.net/articles.php?article_id=145

CreditonJules

• My Folksy shop
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2011, 11:56:43 PM »
Wow!  There are just so many wonderful items here - you've all been very busy since I last popped into the forum!

JD - I hope we see some videos of your new creations soon!

I couple of months ago I made a fly fringe - it was my first piece of work I did entirely of my own creation.  It's been well trialled by friends who have horses (and it is still in one piece)!  I've now been set a photo of Kyser who is modelling it!  It's amazing the sense of satisfaction when you know you've made something you are proud of!

I'm currently working on knots that are less practical and more pretty - I'm having a go at knotted jewellery!

Happy knotting!
Be Knot Afrayed!

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter

Knot Head

• Knot Head
  • Exp. Member
  • A knot is not just a knot...
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2011, 12:51:44 AM »
This is my rendition of the original Christmas Bell by Tom Hall.

The body of the casa knot contains 18 parts by 16 bights with a 4 part 3 bight loop.

My addition is a type 1 pineapple interweave with the appearance of a type 4 pineapple interweave. Nothing was done to achieve this appearance. The interwoven part is of a 7 part casa knot with 11 bights.

Best regards,
Brian
Regards,
Brian Kidd

JD

• Solent Branch of the International Guild of Knot Tyers
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »
Here is a kit bag that I decorated.