Author Topic: AGM 2013 re-posted  (Read 1852 times)

squarerigger

• Global Moderator
  • IGKTPAB Immediate Past President
    • The Knot Guy
AGM 2013 re-posted
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:23:30 PM »
Let me try this again:

A message for all our IGKT members throughout the world:

The May 2013 AGM of the IGKT is to be a simultaneous event in Long Beach, California,  USA and Henley-on-Thames, UK.

In addition, there will be a knot-tying symposium & event aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, including at least the following:

Knot-tying displays
Knot-tying demonstrations
Knot-tying discussions
Knot-tying papers and presentations
Rope-making for kids from 3 to 103
Vendor displays and sales points (support them!)
Visits to local attractions (think Disneyland, LEGOLAND, Universal studios, etc. coupled with visits to commercial rope-manufacturers locally, local wooden shipbuilding and rigging, native American Indian tribal rope and cord-making, etc., etc.)
Parachutists 'visiting' the ship
Knot-tyers supper on Saturday night on the ship

If you would like to take part as a contributor, viewer, exhibitor, vendor or other, write to me at knottingmatters@igkt.net and register your interest, participation, preferences etc.

Prior discussion of this not being an AGM have now been ratified and verified as being an AGM in Long Beach, California, USA aboard the Queen Mary, originally a British liner.  The AGM will be video simulcast to Henley-on-Thames River and Rowing Club, per the latest issue of Knotting Matters.  If you are not in agreement with this, please message me privately first.

Happy New Year everyone!   8)

SR

SS369

• Global Moderator
Re: AGM 2013 re-posted
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
Has anyone posted pictures/diary of the gathering anywhere yet?

SS