Author Topic: Best binder for irregularly shaped bundles and the like  (Read 14792 times)

knot4u

Re: Best binder for irregularly shaped bundles and the like
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 05:55:55 AM »
That's good enough for showing how to tie.

Festy

• Exp. Member
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »

Maybe the attached image will suffice.  The actual conditions would be a smaller loop around a small bundle.  The loop knot is not intended to show any particular specimen.

ref:  http://notableknotindex.webs.com/Versatackle.html

roo and knot4u, thanks guys

all is clear now

best regards,
F

knot4u

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »
So far, a Versatackle is the clear winner if you need to get the binder as tight as can be.

Festy

• Exp. Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 06:39:44 PM »
So far, a Versatackle is the clear winner if you need to get the binder as tight as can be.

yes, I concur

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »

I agree but today I attended for a routine hospital appointment and blood test. Usually the phlebotomist  uses an elasticated tourniquet with a simple clip. However today the tourniquet was disposable taken from a small box and torn off a roll (it is an inch wide and perforated about every 15 inches which is a handy size). It is latex free but feels like rubber, and was given a round turn around my arm followed by an overhand knot - which held tightly yet was easily removed. The surface is slightly textured and has a thin coating to give it grip but it is not at all adhesive. I scrounged a length to see if it is useful as a knotting material but if anyone is interested the brand name was Vacuette - see http://www.gbo.com/en/index_1522.php - there are others. It certainly fits pretty tight!

Barry
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:31:01 PM by Sweeney »

knot4u

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 06:26:13 PM »

I agree but today I attended for a routine hospital appointment and blood test. Usually the phlebotomist  uses an elasticated tourniquet with a simple clip. However today the tourniquet was disposable taken from a small box and torn off a roll (it is an inch wide and perforated about every 15 inches which is a handy size). It is latex free but feels like rubber, and was given a round turn around my arm followed by an overhand knot - which held tightly yet was easily removed. The surface is slightly textured and has a thin coating to give it grip but it is not at all adhesive. I scrounged a length to see if it is useful as a knotting material but if anyone is interested the brand name was Vacuette - see http://www.gbo.com/en/index_1522.php - there are others. It certainly fits pretty tight!

Barry

OK, thanks.  However, just to clarify, the context of my statement was mid-air binders.  I see the material and knot you described as being nonviable in that context.