Author Topic: Tying a chair cushion?  (Read 3620 times)

Festy

• Exp. Member
Tying a chair cushion?
« on: January 01, 2014, 04:09:30 PM »

Happy 2014 guys & gals, I hope you all have good health and prosperity  :D

To fix a kitchen chair cushion so it won't slip:

1. Using paracord tie a slipped buntline (or a slipped constrictor?) to one corner of the cushion at the chairback.

2. Bring the cord around the chairback to the adjacent corner and then ????? ................................my query is how to proceed from here, without cutting the paracord, and also tensioning it so there will be no slippage of the cushion when sat on.

best regards,
F

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
Re: Tying a chair cushion?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »

Happy 2014 guys & gals, I hope you all have good health and prosperity  :D

To fix a kitchen chair cushion so it won't slip:

1. Using paracord tie a slipped buntline (or a slipped constrictor?) to one corner of the cushion at the chairback.

2. Bring the cord around the chairback to the adjacent corner and then ????? ................................my query is how to proceed from here, without cutting the paracord, and also tensioning it so there will be no slippage of the cushion when sat on.

best regards,
F
Most chair cushions I've seen have two strips or cords at each back corner to allow a familiar and fairly decorative slipped reef knot.
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

Notable Knot Index

Sweeney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
Paracord seems like overkill for a chair cushion. I would  use elastic cord and a poacher's noose pre-tied in each end (if you can put a small bead inside each corner of the cushion cover that will improve grip).

Barry
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:43:02 PM by Sweeney »

Festy

• Exp. Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »
Roo & Barry,

This is actually a big, thick old heavy homemade cushion which will only be on the chair when our toddler grand-son comes to visit. This little guy can't sit still for a moment, hence the slippage situation.

So I just want to tie the two corners, (preferably with a single length of cord), and tension the cord nice and taut. No need for a decorative look about it at all, it is purely practical.

thanks,
F

roo

• The Notable Knot Index
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »
Roo & Barry,

This is actually a big, thick old heavy homemade cushion which will only be on the chair when our toddler grand-son comes to visit. This little guy can't sit still for a moment, hence the slippage situation.

So I just want to tie the two corners, (preferably with a single length of cord), and tension the cord nice and taut. No need for a decorative look about it at all, it is purely practical.

thanks,
F
Even if you don't need a decorative look, having two lines per corner will likely allow you to more quickly get a tight bind with the standard shoe tying knot that everyone in the household can perform in an instant.  No knot nerds required.  ;)
If you wish to add a troll to your ignore list, click "Profile" then "Buddies/Ignore List".

Notable Knot Index

anything