Author Topic: Quick Release loop knots and maybe some related knots  (Read 3694 times)

alanleeknots

Quick Release loop knots and maybe some related knots
« on: August 01, 2020, 06:38:44 AM »

Hi All,  This is a nice looking Bowline, very easy to untie after heavy loading.
                           I like it very much, hope you like it too.  謝謝 alanleeknots

Edit Aug-1 ;  Correction the miss spelling on the picture knot.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:17:49 AM by alanleeknots »

alanleeknots

Re: Quick Release loop knots and maybe some related knots
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 06:27:22 AM »
   Hi All,
           Last night I posted many variations of Quick Release Marlin Spike loop, I am getting very confused myself, I can't even tell which is which,
           I really have to work on it to tell the difference and how to tie it.
           So I decided to delete the last page, redo a new page, post the two best and with an easy way to tie the loops.

A few tests on all these loops here with flexible ropes, they are all easy to untie after heavy loading,
          Also I like to get all my new and old quick release loop knots post in one place, so I make the topic name change from
          "QUICK RELEASE BOWLINE (TIB)" to "Quick Release loop knots and maybe some related knots".
           謝謝 alanleeknots

alanleeknots

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »
      Hi All,
               I have three loops here, one of them is Xarax's  Pretzel loop turn it into Quick Release loop.
               Few quick test, I found these loops handed heavy weight very well and easy to untie.
               謝謝 alanleeknots

alanleeknots

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 08:33:55 PM »
     Hi All,
              Two nice looking and simple loops here, have a few quick test,
               I found these loops handed heavy weight very well and easy to untie.
                謝謝 alanleeknots

alanleeknots

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 07:25:49 AM »
             Hi All, Few tests on this loop, it can handed heavy weight and easy to untie. This loop if you load it to a pole or shackle,
                      after loading and release from the pole and shackle, the loop itself is a quick release loop.
                      "Semi Quick Release Overhand knot loop" no sure I should call it this way?
                              Anyway, I am very happy, jam resistance loop is hard to come by.     謝謝 alanleeknots

jarnos

• personal homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 03:29:12 PM »
      Hi All,
               I have three loops here, one of them is Xarax's  Pretzel loop turn it into Quick Release loop.
               Few quick test, I found these loops handed heavy weight very well and easy to untie.
               謝謝 alanleeknots

Could you show a loose version of the Pretzel loop as it is hard to see how it was tied when it is tightened?
Jarno Suni

alanleeknots

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 04:03:52 AM »
Hi jarnos,
               Xarax's  Pretzel loop is a quick release loop, and I turn it to more stable version that all.   
                Here are two pictures how to tie Xarax's  Pretzel loop.   謝謝 alanleeknots

jarnos

• personal homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 09:29:00 AM »
Hi Alan,

I think you described the original Pretzel loop. How do you make it more stable? It looks you added another slipped loop. I have another idea. I am going to post another thread about it soon.
Jarno Suni

alanleeknots

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 09:54:54 AM »
        Hi jarnos. 
                      Any idea are more then welcome. 謝謝 alanleeknots   

jarnos

• personal homepage
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 03:33:55 PM »
Jarno Suni