Author Topic: Ashley knot security tester  (Read 13251 times)

knotsaver

Re: Ashley knot security tester
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »

It may well not be new, so I never made much mention of it before .

It looks like the mirror version of this one shown here:
http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=3315.msg19887#msg19887

It's not B and I have spent some time looking at A and rearranging the loops. I don't think my rig version is either knot.

(obviously not B)
Please look at the attached picture, if we start from the loose-back version of A and move "1" beyond "2" (in the picture) we obtain a mirror version of the knot shown in replay #17 and #20.
I don't know if they should be considered the same knot...
bye,
s.

Mobius

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 03:43:01 AM »

Please look at the attached picture, if we start from the loose-back version of A and move "1" beyond "2" (in the picture) we obtain a mirror version of the knot shown in replay #17 and #20.
I don't know if they should be considered the same knot...
bye,
s.

Very good, simple when you showed it to me :) I just couldn't get it to rearrange last night.

I did rearrange A into my first image below, which I now realise is also my rig knot with the loops swapped. It looks ok as an adjustable loop too (not tested). The other image popped out when I was fiddling late last night as well. It is a similar nub to the first, with some role reversal of the SPart.

I had a very quick look at finding the second loop (which seems ok, not tested). I found an Alan Lee one that was close, but I would be very surprised if there is not an image of the second loop somewhere here on this site. It looks familiar.

How much of a topological geometrical change makes a new knot? I think there is enough here to say xarax's 'A' loop and my rig knot are different.

Cheers,

mobius

edit: I added the Alan Lee knot I thought was at least a semblance to my second image, Alan's is a good knot I believe, though does the looping of the tail end still qualify it as 'adjustable'?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:23:59 AM by mobius »

knotsaver

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 06:43:27 AM »
As Dan Lehman noted here
http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=3315.msg19893#msg19893
Interesting that you took the dbl.overhand knot in the form of
a *reversed* anchor bend ... !?  Heinz Prohaska some time ago
presented a similar knot, using the anchor bend right-side-around, ...

In the 2 pictures you showed the double overhand is an anchor bend (reversed or not)

How much of a topological change makes a new knot? I think there is enough here to say xarax's 'A' loop and my rig knot are different.

How much of a geometrical change... in this case the topology is the same, the geometry changes...
bye,
s.

Mobius

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 07:05:46 AM »
How much of a geometrical change... in this case the topology is the same, the geometry changes...
bye,
s.

Changed it, thank you

Cheers,

mobius

alanleeknots

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »
Hi all,
        Mobius, when I present the Triple overhand knot-based adjustable loop
        at Reply #92   http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=5383.90.
        I have tie another version of Double overhand knot-based adjustable loop, I didn't post it because it will jam on heavy load.
        I have the load test here to show the difference between your version and my version.

Picture #3 and #4, I loaded it till your SP-Tail Reversed loop just start to jam and I release the load to check on both loop,
        your  SP-Tail Reversed loop just kind of hard but manage to untie, but my loop is very easy to untie.

謝謝  alan lee
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:14:27 PM by eric22 »

Mobius

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 05:01:30 AM »
Hi all,
        Mobius, when I present the Triple overhand knot-based adjustable loop
        at Reply #92   http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=5383.90.
        I have tie another version of Double overhand knot-based adjustable loop, I didn't post it because it will jam on heavy load.
        I have the load test here to show the difference between your version and my version.

Picture #3 and #4, I loaded it till your SP-Tail Reversed loop just start to jam and I release the load to check on both loop,
        your  SP-Tail Reversed loop just kind of hard but manage to untie, but my loop is very easy to untie.

謝謝  alan lee

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the feedback. I think this thread is in danger of turning into another 'adjustable loops' one, so I will make a response back in this thread http://igkt.net/sm/index.php?topic=5383.msg35985#msg35985

Cheers,

mobius

anything